**ATTENTION: We are currently experiencing a minor glitch with the certificate system pulling the wrong information for your name. If your completion certificate does not show your legal name, please update the “Nickname” box in your account and then refresh your certificate and download it again.**
Welcome to the Online Tennessee Conceal Carry Permit Course. This course is offered by TRR Guns in Athens, TN and approved by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security Handgun Unit. Successful completion of this course with a grade of 70% or higher is a requirement for the application process to obtain a TN Conceal Carry Permit. This course will be approximately two hours, and it is suggested that you set aside that amount of time so that you can do the course in one sitting.
**PLEASE NOTE: YOUR CLASS WILL BE LOCKED 7 DAYS AFTER PURCHASE. PLEASE ENSURE YOU CAN COMPLETE IT WITHIN THIS TIME**
You are not eligible for a TN Conceal Carry Permit if any of the following apply to you:
1. You are prohibited from purchasing or possessing a handgun in any other state.
2. Felony conviction or currently under indictment for a felony conviction
3. Charge pending or conviction for domestic violence
4. Charge pending or conviction for stalking
5. Two DUI convictions in the last 10 years, one being within the last 5, or currently be under court jurisdiction for DUI.
6. Order of protection or restraining order filed against you
7. Adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to or hospitalized in a mental institution.
8. Receiving social security benefits by reason of alcohol dependence, drug dependence, or metal disability.
9. Unlawful user of or addicted to alcohol or any controlled substance or controlled substance analogue
10. Patient in a rehabilitation program or hospitalized for alcohol, controlled substance, or controlled substance analogue within 10 years (if court ordered), or 3 years (if voluntary)
11. Alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States
12. Fugitive from justice
13. Renounced your United States Citizenship
14. Discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
If any of these issues preclude you from obtaining a TN Conceal Carry Permit, we recommend that you contact the Handgun Permit Unit in Nashville at (615) 251-8590.
Refunds are not issued for this course in the event of disqualification, however we may offer the opportunity to re-take the course at a later date for no additional cost if you do become eligible in the near future.
At the end of this course, with a score of 70% or higher, you will be rewarded with a printable certificate that you must take to the driver’s license center to complete your application to the state. You must also fill out the CCP Proof of Training form which can be found here:
There will be several sections to go over:
1. Firearms Safety Rules
2. Basic Handgun Design and Function
3. Basic Handgun Use and Technique
4. Basic Handgun Knowledge and Skills for Safe Handling
5. Basic Guidelines for Safe Storage of Firearms and Ammunition
6. Basic Guidelines for Safe Transportation and Storage in Vehicles
7. Basic Handgun Cleaning
8. Basic Tennessee Law
The Final Test will be 40 questions, comprised of multiple choice and true/false questions. You must not miss more than 12 questions in order to pass.
There is a 2 hour time limit on the Final Test
**YOU WILL HAVE 7 DAYS TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE ONCE PURCHASED. AFTER 7 DAYS, YOUR PURCHASE WILL BE LOCKED AND NO FURTHER PROGRESS CAN BE MADE**
TN Conceal Carry Permit Online Class
- Firearms Safety Rules
- Handgun Design and Function
- Handgun Use and Technique
- Handgun Knowledge and Skills for Safe Handling
- Guidelines for Safe Storage of Firearms and Ammunition
- Guidelines for Safe Transportation and Storage in Vehicles
- Handgun Cleaning
- Tennessee Law
- Final Thoughts *OPTIONAL SECTION*
- Final Test